Monday, February 28, 2011

AirMed






AirMed is an ambulance in the sky. They operate helicopters as well as fixed wing airplanes, accomodating much of the west with medical transport. They transport patients across state lines, respond to various trauma accidents, and so on. I was priviledged to ride along or, "fly along" with them in Februaury. I flew twice in the chopper, and once in the fixed wing plane to Idaho and back. What I experienced, was a level of care that I am honored to pass my patients on to. It was most interesting to see what happens when I transfer a patient to them. I had a great day, and met great, educated and inspiring people. Here are some pics of my day!
Salt Lake City
Flight in fixed wing
Learning the ropes with Ben, flight medic
Fixed wing I flew in
SUNSET, Prefect day....

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and read the entire thing! I'm a first year nursing student in New Zealand and an Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) volunteer. I have huge respect for firefighters and a geeky interest in all things paramedic!
    Please continue your blog :)

    ReplyDelete